Background

Friday, March 23, 2018

No Story Today

Shhh! *whispers Good morning, FFF,*
Please don't wake the kids! All 6 are still sleeping. Or at least they are all quiet. I'm hoping they are all sleeping still because when some get up, it usually wakes the others up. And the younger ones need their sleep. They probably won't get any naps today unless they sleep in the car because we are planning on going to Prairie State Park today! The kids have never been, but when my brother, sister, and I were young, we used to go there all the time! We experienced all four seasons at the prairie, we watched Prairie Chickens mate, we hiked the trails and saw the bison, we drew wildflowers, caught grasshoppers to feed to the salamander, held snakes, dressed in prairie clothes, and learned so much about the prairie. It should be fun!

This past week was busy. And a bit crazy.

Last Friday I said we were at my grandparents. We didn't come home until Monday afternoon. Then I had to teach writing classes on Tuesday, attend election training on Wednesday morning, practice music Wednesday night, and then the kids came yesterday. We'll have the kids through Sunday morning. Needless to say, I didn't get much writing done.

I'm hoping to write next week and get back into regular writing so I'll be ready for Camp NaNo! Speaking of Camp, there is still room in the cabin I'm in. Does anyone want to join us? You can set your own writing goal of words, or hours. You can write a new story, or edit one you already have written. Or you could even be like me and work on multiple stories. :) I'd love to have you come and join the fun.

Well, I had a story I was going to post, but I didn't get it ready. And now three of my nephews are up and having a whispered conversation with my sister nearby. And there's the other nephew. Now just waiting for the two nieces to wake up.

I'll be back next week.

2 comments:

Liberty Bluebelle said...

I enjoyed your update the day it came in, and couldn't help but chuckle at the timing. I had just finished reading all of the Hymns in the Hills chapters the day before--and behold, the next day wasn't the next HitH installment! =D I'm enjoying the story so far, and look forward to more of it sometime in the future. ;)

~Liberty Bluebelle

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." II Corinthians 3:17

Rebekah said...

:) I'm sure you'll get another HitH installment sometime. I haven't written anything on it since the 2nd of April. I've been too busy with my new story.