Background

Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23rd

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve! What are you going to do to pass these last hours? Well, if you are wanting something to do, why don't you try some Scherenschnitte (Sharon-sh-net)? Scherenschnette is the German word for paper cutting. I used to love cutting things from magazines and catalogs. When I had paper-dolls, my favorite part was cutting them out. Perhaps that's why I enjoyed making these lovely silhouettes.

I started out with this one as it seemed to be the easiest.



Next I moved on to a little harder one. (The starry circle around the Christ child's head was tricky, but fun.)


And last I did this one. I thought it needed something so I took some stencils and traced the words backwards and then cut them out. Yes, everything in the picture is cut by hand.


So, if you're feeling in the mood to try your hand at some Scherenschnitte pieces, give these a try. You can download and print your own patters from this blog.
Enjoy!

No comments: