Background

Monday, December 13, 2010

Favorite Christmas Books


This is a list of some of my favorite Christmas books. The first three were read to me every Christmas for as long as I can remember until I started reading them to myself a dozen year or so ago. It just wouldn't be Christmas without these books. These books will be listed with my very Favorite one first and going down the line.


#1: The Twenty-four Days Before Christmas
by Madeleine L'Engle
(I don't recommend all of her books at all, but this one is wonderful!)

#2: A Pint of Judgment
by Elizabeth Morrow
(Such a cute, short story.)

#3: The Birds' Christmas Carol
by Kate Douglas Wiggin
(Be prepared to cry in this one.)

#4: Arne and the Christmas Star
by Alta Halverson Seymour
(A Norwegian Christmas story. She has written other Christmas books about other counties which I also enjoy: The Christmas Donkey - France, The Christmas Stove - Switzerland, Erik's Christmas Camera - Sweden, The Top O' Christmas Morning - Ireland.)

#5: Christie's Christmas or Christmas Surprise
by Isabella Alden
(Written by my favorite author.)

Hope you find some happy reading in these books.

1 comment:

oh so lovely said...

I wish I could borrow all your christmas books and read them!! :)