Background

Friday, May 14, 2021

Not Sure

 Hello Readers,

    It's a lovely Friday morning here. The sun is shining and it's in the 50s. The yard got mowed last evening by my 4 oldest nephews. One of them had been begging and begging me to let him mow the yard, but it just hadn't worked out. This time, however, they all came prepared. At one point we had 3 mowers going, a weed-eater, and a blower. (Yes, I did mow a little.) It didn't take long before the yard was all mowed. I wouldn't mind if they mowed the yard for me again. :)

    I'm sure you are wanting to have an update on my writing. Well, it's really not coming. I did get "Dancing with Fireflies" edited and sent to my synopsis writer, so I hope to get that published by the time the fireflies come out here. I tried to work on "Phil Wood" but it is so slow. I really want to reach the ending, but it's just not coming. And the story might be missing something else too. I don't know. I'm not sure why this story is causing me so much trouble, but it is. I may have to set it aside and write some other things first.

    Speaking of writing and stories, that brings me to this blog. For the last few weeks I've been wondering if I should keep this blog going. I've been posting every Friday for 12 1/2 years, so it's hard to think of ending it, but at the same time it has been a lot of writing and stories. I haven't been writing as many short stories that I'm not publishing, so it's harder to have new content for you all. And then I've re-posted almost all my old stories except things I've posted in the last six years or so. And some of those stories are hopefully going to end up published soon. If you haven't been a reader for more than 4 years, leave me a comment and let me know. Or if you have been a reader but don't mind re-reading the same stories again, let me know.

    I could do a few thoughts.

  1. Only post when I have a new story
  2. Keep posting every week even if I am re-re-posting a story.
  3. Stop posting here at all and share new short stories on Read Another Page.
  4. Only use this blog to post extra times like during December.
  5. Quit this blog and share short stories in my Read Another Page newsletter.
  6. Post on here every-other week.
  7. Have on and off months when I post so I'm not doing it every week.
  8. A mixture of more than one thing above.

So, what do you think I should do? 

While you think about it, here's a short poem.

My Speech

Lord, make my speech with Scripture a-line
And make my words to edify.
Lord, make my words be Your’s not mine
That You alone they glorify.

Lord, make my speech to minister
Your grace to all who hear me speak
And make me, Lord, a comforter
And give me words for those who seek.

Oh Lord, my words with wisdom fill
That they exhort my fellow men,
And use my words and speech until
You’re pleased to call me home, amen.

 

Do you try to read this blog every week?
Which option do you want me to do?
Would you be sad if this little blog comes to a stop?

12 comments:

Akira R. said...

I have been a subscriber since March of this year, and I have enjoyed the short stories each Friday. It has been fun to read stories that are new to me. Katja and Ryana suggested both this blog and your other blog to me, and I have been enjoying both. May God bless you and guide you as you make your decision!

Rebekah said...

Thank you, Akira for letting me know you're new here. If you are new, than you haven't read all my stories and if I re-re-post one, it would be new to you. :)

Lydia Coral said...

Aww no, please don't stop this blog altogether!:( It would be such a shame after so long. I've only been here just under a year, but I've loved reading excerpts and stories. I don't think it matters if you re-repost stories, especially if they were from quite a few years ago. There will always be new readers to enjoy them (like me ;P), and I'm sure the old readers won't mind reading them again.
Maybe 6 isn't a bad idea (posting every other week). It might give you more time to write/select a story, and then you won't use up all the old stories so fast:) But I would miss this blog a lot if it were to stop completely🤗
~Lydia

Rebekah said...

Aw, thanks for loving this blog so much, Lydia. :) Knowing I have newer readers who haven't already read everything makes it easier when thinking about posting a story for a 3rd time. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, please don't stop unless you absolutely must!!! I really enjoying reading the stories here! I've been reading them for maybe a year??? I say you should just post whenever you can, and maybe if you wanted to branch out and do character interviews, etc... that would be really cool too! Hopefully that would be less work than writing stories. :) - Charis

Rebekah said...

Thanks, Charis. :) I'm never quite sure how long some of my readers have been around because they change over time, so it's good to know that if I posted something from 2018 you probably haven't read it. :)

Heidi said...

I'd say to just turn this into a once and a while blog. When you want to share something randomly or have inspiration, put it here. Then it won't be pressure but will still be around! I've only been here 6 months or so. I definetly love reading your stories!

Rebekah said...

Thanks, Heidi. I appreciate your thoughts and your love of my stories. :)

Edith Bingham said...

I've been following your blog for less than a year, and have loved getting to read all your short stories! I would love to keep having stories, so I would say either post on here when you have a story, or change it to every other week. Please don't get rid of this blog!! :)

Rebekah said...

Thanks for sharing, Edith. :D It looks like I have readers who haven't read everything on here, so I'll probably keep posting. :)

Katja L. said...

I think 6 is a good idea ;)

Rebekah said...

I'm afraid if I do every-other week, I'll forget what weeks I should post and which I shouldn't. :P