Background

Friday, June 26, 2020

Bugs - A Poem

Good morning!
I don't know where this week went. I've written, I've worked on blog posts for Read Another Page, and I've even worked on my website. (It really needs updated!) And I am working on trying to make it easier to find stories that I posted on here a long time ago that I haven't posted since. To do this, I created some pages for my planner so I can write down the story titles and the date I first posted it, and any dates I posted after that. It just takes time to go through eleven years of blog posts! ;)

On other notes, we continue to get more campers signed up for the King's Daughters' Writing Camp and are now almost to 60 campers! That's almost double what I thought we might have!

Oh, there is something that I need some help on. I'm trying to make a list, well, actually 3 lists, of names I've used for bad guys, doctors, or ministers from all my published stories and books. If you want to help, you can either email me your lists, or leave them in comments. Share the book or story title, and then the names and who they are. (You can use abbreviations like: BG, Doc. Rev.)

Anyway, today's post won't be a story. Instead you get a poem. This was the very first thing I shared on this blog when I started it in January of 2009. I have always thought it would be fun to publish it as a kid's book with fun illustrations, but I haven't found anyone to do the illustrations for it. Anyone feel like drawing some cute or fun bugs? ;)

Next week I'll have a short story for you, and hopefully by the following week I'll have found a longer short story to share. :)


BUGS!
There are bugs upon the rooftops
There are bugs beneath the floors
There are bugs within the bedrooms
There are bugs behind the doors!

There are bugs inside each closet
There are bugs in every drawer
There are bugs all down the hallway
There are bugs and bugs galore!

There are bugs within the showers
There are bugs down in the sink
There are bugs that sting and bite me
There are even bugs that stink!

There are bugs when I am sleeping
There are bugs when I do dine
There are bugs when I am working
Of the creepy, crawly kind!

There are bugs with lots of colors
There are bugs with lots of legs
There are bugs that look quite ugly
And all of them lay eggs!

There are bugs that I can step on
There are bugs that I can smash
There are bugs I dread to look at
Like the ones within the trash!

Oh, I wish the bugs would leave me
That all would go away
That they would cease to bug me
All twenty-four hours a day!

Do you like bugs?
Have you had a productive week?
How long have you been reading this blog?

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I love this poem!! <3 Thanks for sharing. :)

Leona said...

I tolerate bugs, but I'm not sure if I like them. ;) I like the poem, though, and I can definitely imagine it as a picture book! :D
My week has been fairly productive!
I think I have been reading this blog for about one or two years, though I'm not entirely sure. :)
A doctor in Home Fires of the Great War was Doctor Foster (Maria's dad). (I admit that I asked my brothers for help with that; I'm pretty sure they've read it more recently than I have, and now they're trying to learn Scottish. :D) Hope that helps, though he was probably an easy one to think of for you, as the author. ;)

Rebekah said...

Glad you like the poem, Ellen! :)


Thanks for the name, Leona. You're right. That one I did know. ;) Yay for a productive week!