Background

Friday, February 28, 2020

The Things I'm Going to Do

Good morning, FFFFs,
It's Friday once again and I didn't have much time to search through my archives and find a story for you. But I did find a poem that I think I've only posted once, so I hope you enjoy it. I'd love to turn it into a children's picture book, but I can't draw pictures for everything, or find photos. Maybe some day down the road I'll publish it.

This week had disappeared really quickly. I got some really good writing done on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday's count was only 500, and yesterday . . .  Well, I got a whopping 20 words written. Yeah, it was pitiful! I tried every story and nothing would come. My mind was blank. It might have had something to do with the fact that I had just had a 2 hour training for working the polls and came home with a slight headache from the overly warm room. Whatever the reason, I decided to not try to force words to come. Sometimes that works, other times not so much.

But this has been a rather exciting week in some ways.
1. Book Brush took my suggestion and created a 4x6 cover template so now I can design my Christmas Collection books on there! And I can create other 4x6 books. *thinks of all the stories I want to have in paperback*
2. Book Brush was doing a promotional and giving away 5 credits for their new Background Removal Tool on their cover creator for the first 200 people who shared about it. I shared and got 5 credits!
3. I'm working on creating my first mini course. It will be a 6 week course walking you through the steps to self-publish your book on KDP. Lesson One is just about finished, and I have a good start on Lesson Two. I'm hoping to release it in mid to late April.
4. I designed a cover for "To Give Hope" and plan to publish it as a kindle story in the next few weeks.

And so that's what's been going on in my life.


The Things I’m Going to Do
by
Rebekah M.


I’m going to ski down a hill on skis,
Glide across the ice on skates;
I’m going to drive a great big tractor
and swing on a few old gates.

I’m going to shoot a rifle
And tote a pocket gun;
I’m going to hike a mountain
and lie out in the sun.

I’m going to ride on horse back,
I’m going to fly a plane;
Going to soar in an air balloon
And travel far by train.

I’m going to round up cattle,
Act in a Shakespeare play;
I’m going to visit the opera,
And I’m going to cut some hay.

I’m going to visit all fifty states,
And meet a president;
I’m going to explore a ghost town
And sleep out in a tent.

I’m going to teach in China,
Stop by Timbuktu;
I’m going to climb the Alps,
And visit Lafayette’s tomb.

I’m going to splash in an ocean,
Build a real igloo;
I’m going to feed an elephant,
And ride a camel or two.

I’m going to climb Sears tower,
Touch the Statue of Liberty;
I’m going to cross the Golden Gate Bridge
And tour Washington D. C.

I’m going to visit West Point,
Give Annapolis a look;
I’m going to run a newspaper
And publish many books.

I’m going to conduct a symphony,
Enter a county fair;
Give a rousing speech on Broadway
And find a bird that’s rare.

I’m going to visit some Indians,
Sing a solo on TV;
I’m going to nanny for quadruplets
And uncover a mystery.

I’m going to be awfully busy,
And awfully old for sure
Before I could ever do these things
I’ve never done before.

So, I think I’ll stick with dreaming,
And reading books instead;
At least I will for the present
And travel in my head.


What of these things have you already done?
Are you interested in a how to publish course?
Has anything exciting or fun happened to you this week?

4 comments:

Leona said...

Lol, let's see... I've skied, ice skated, driven a tractor (when I was younger with help :P), hiked a mountain and probably lain in the sun, ridden a horse, ridden a train, slept in a tent, splashed in the ocean, I know some Native Americans but I don't know if that counts as visiting some Indians (I guess it does), and of course I've read books. xD I like the poem! :D
Yes, I'm looking forward to the how to publish course! :)
Hmm... not many very exciting things have happened since Sunday, I guess! :)

Rebekah said...

:) Sounds like you've done many things. I've managed to do a dozen of those things so far, but I still have more to do. ;)
I hope you are looking forward to the course!
Normal weeks are good too.
Thanks for commenting!

Bekki said...

for the next book for the friday blog could you do something about horses?

Rebekah said...

Hi Bekki!
Great idea! I do have some stories about horses that I could post again. Thanks!