Background

Friday, February 21, 2020

I Don't Have a Story

Good morning, FFFs,
I don't have a story for you this morning. Sorry. I didn't have a new one, and I didn't have time to go find an old one to re-post. So you'll have to do without.

However, I have been getting some writing done. I've really been struggling to get into one of my dozen stories that I have started, so instead of trying to force the words (that may come later), I've been rereading some of my short stories that have had covers designed. One got a new opening paragraph. Another received a completely different ending. And I still have a couple other stories that I need to reread and see what I should do with them. I know "Hurray for Newsy Jones" needs almost rewritten, and I have to format the play part. Yes, I'm planning on publishing that as a story with a link to download the play.

This week has gone by quickly! I've gotten almost everything finished for the widows' ministry at church. My best friend came and took a photo for the cover of a new story. I just can't publish the story yet because it's a part of a title challenge. (Everyone had to write a story for the same title.) I got my taxes done, which is always a relief, and last night my grandparents were down and Grandpa and I went to a music concert. It was good. We heard the Horszowski Piano Trio. They played Schumann, Carter, and Shostakovich.

If I had a story for you, I'd post it right now, but I don't. Instead I'll share a poem I wrote and posted nine years ago. Enjoy!

Books
Books aplenty, books galore,
My favorite place is a used book store.

Books of world history,
Books of missions or mystery,

Books of travel, books of prose,
Books smell better than a fresh picked rose.

Books of ancient tales of yore,
Books more modern by the score.

Books in blue and books in red,
Books of animals long since dead.

Books for children, books for teens,
Books for old or the in-betweens.

Books in that room, books in this,
Books on those shelves belong to Sis.

Mom has her books here and there,
In fact, Mom's books are everywhere!

My shelves are crowded with most of my books,
The rest I squeeze in many odd nooks.

As I said before, there are books galore,
But still I love a used book store.

How was your week?
Do you love used book stores?
If you could pick one of my short stories to be published, which would it be?

2 comments:

Leona said...

My week has been busy but good. :) Used book stores are fun sometimes. And I think What Tommy Didn't Know would be a good published story! :)

Rebekah said...

Busy but good is nice. :) Yes, there are times when I'm not interested in a used book store. ;) Well, I hope to publish "Tommy" sometime if I can find the right picture for the cover.
Thanks for commenting!