Background

Friday, April 26, 2019

The Battle of Life - A Poem

Good morning FFFs,
Sorry, once again I don't have a story for you. This week has been filled with lots of writing. Yesterday I managed to write 3k words! Yeah, my brain was tired after that. But now it's eager to get back to this story. I can see the end of "By Paths Unknown" so I really want to reach it! Can I do it before the end of the month? We'll see. I'm doubtful, but then I wasn't expecting to write 3k yesterday either.

I thought of just giving you an update on life, but I really don't have much for you. I corrected "Grandfather's Mug" but I don't know if I'll publish that on here or not. Mostly though, I've been working on "By Paths Unknown." After a brainstorm with my mom about some things that had to happen in the story, I've been writing, and writing. But normal life has also been happening. Like babysitting my nieces and nephews.

I did a quick search to see what I could find to post today, and I saw this. I wrote it when I attended a 3 week intensive music course. (We pretty much ate, slept, and breathed all things music.) One of our assignments was to write an original song. I can write words to songs, but forget the music! I'm not a composer. :) I trashed the tune I did compose because it was terrible. So you just get the words.

Only 5 days left of Camp NaNo! I reached my goal of 20k last week and am heading to 30k. I think I need 3k more to reach it. Can I go beyond 30k? We'll see. Anyway, here's the poem/song. If you compose music, feel free to try your hand with this one. :)


The Battle of Life
by
Rebekah M.

The enemy does seem so strong
Our thinning lines look grim
The ground we’re losing to the wrong
Our faith is weak and dim.
Our standard in the dust has lain
Then is this fight in vain?

Chorus
The Captain now is drawing near
He gives an order clear,
“Stand firm and fight and do not fear
The Lord thy God is near!”

The mighty men of valor rise
With all their armor on.
The foes sharp darts they now despise
The former fear is gone.
They raise the standard, wave it high
And shout the battle cry!

The ground surrendered to the foe
For Christ we’ll take it back
And though the battle’s full of woe
With courage we’ll attack.
March on with Christ, we’ll never flee
From certain victory!

Discouraged we will never be
Nor will we be dismayed
Now in God’s armor clad are we,
With shield and shining blade.
We fight and for the right contend
And stand until the end!
 
Did you like the poem?
Do you want to read "Grandfather's Mug" on here?
Do you think I can get more than 30k written?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebekah!! This poem is AMAZING!! Wow!!
And of course I want to read “Grabdfather’s Mug”! ;) And FOR SURE you can pass 30k if you keep up these 3k-days!! :D

~Katja

Rebekah said...

Aw, thanks, Katja. :)
I'm already passed 30k, but we'll see how much I do get written. :)