Background

Friday, April 5, 2019

I'm at Camp!

Good morning!
I thought (briefly) about finding another story to post, but I didn't do it.
You see, I'm doing Camp NaNo.

Camp started on Monday and I was able to get some good writing done that day. And . . . I got the proof copy of "Hymns in the Hills"! Talk about fun! :D

On Tuesday I spent all day sitting at the polls as an election judge. It was a long day. There are over 1580 registered voters in that precinct and only 68 of them came out to vote. Of course there were only two things on the ballot: School board and a tax continuance. But still!

Wednesday– I got a sprint done in the morning and tried to catch up on all the things I missed from Tuesday. I got 1k written before supper. That was good because I had to go to church to practice music before AWANA. Then I was going to come home, but I ended up staying and working nursery for someone. I did come home a little early, before AWANA was over since the two little ones had been picked up. I got a little more writing done.

Thursday– It was a cloudy day. I got a lot of work done on another project, but hardly anyone was on at the cabin. I did get to sprint with one cabin mate in the morning and got 500+ words written. Later in the afternoon I wrote on my own. Then in the evening three of us sprinted and then wrote and chatted at the cabin and I reached a total of 1,808 words!

And all the words this week have been on "By Paths Unknown" which is really exciting since in March the story was stuck and didn't want to move. Now it's moving and I have more ideas.

I'm trying to get as much written this week as I can since next week I know I'll have 3 days where I won't be writing anything! :)

And that's it this time. Sorry for no story. I haven't had a chance to look and see what I should post. Hopefully I'll be able to pick a story for next week. Talk to you later!

What do you want to read?
Are you doing Camp NaNo?
How has your week been?

2 comments:

Kassie said...

Yay!! I’m SO excited about Hymns in the Hills, you don’t even know. And it would be so much fun if you could get By Paths Unknown out this year too! Have you shared what it’s about yet, or is it kinda secretive? Hope camp goes really well for you!! It sounds like so much fun. BTW I listened about halfway through Through the Tunnel on the airplane and now I’m dying for more time to finish it...it is so interesting and the lady who reads it does really well with it. It’s such a sweet storyline!

Rebekah said...

:D I have posted the first few thousand words of "By Paths Unknown" here on my blog last year I think. I don't think it had a title yet. But otherwise I haven't shared a lot about it. Maybe I should share some snippets from the story on here. :)
Yay for audio books! I hope you enjoy the rest of "Through the Tunnel" as much as the first half. :) I hope you have a great trip!