Background

Friday, December 28, 2018

End of 2018

Good morning FFFs,
Did you all have a good Christmas? I did. I had 2 Christmases actually.
One on Saturday with my brother and his family. It's so much fun to have kids around for Christmas. We had breakfast together, then opened presents, and then played, and ate, and played. 
On Sunday Sis and I sang in the choir for church, and then had a quiet and restful afternoon. I read! So delightful! :)
Monday was spent reading, and getting the rest of the presents wrapped. I like wrapping presents so that wasn't a problem. Then I helped Dad wrap the rest of Mom's presents. She didn't even know it. That night we had hamburgers and watched a Christmas movie.
Christmas Day! It was very relaxed. Since there are no younger ones in the family, we all ended up sleeping in. Ate our usual breakfast of Cinnamon Bread and Nut Bread. And then I read until everyone was ready. Our present time was slow and laid back. We commented a few times on how much nicer this year was than last year when we were sick. Mom, Sis, and I finished a puzzle, then we all ate lunch. I read later, and then, since it was so nice outside, Sis and I went for a walk. In the evening we ate snack foods for supper and watched "It's a Wonderful Life."
Oh, and yes, I did get some books for Christmas. :)

On Wednesday I read, and did a little of this and that.
But yesterday I did something that I've never done so close to Christmas before. I un-decorated! Yeah, I know, that's kind of terrible, but I did have my reasons. 1.) We're going to be leaving town on Sunday, and we won't want to have to take all the decorating down after we get home. 2.) We clean house today and when we take all the garlands down they always leave a mess, so we wanted them down before we cleaned. 3.) The weather was warm and in the low 60s. It certainly didn't feel like Christmas. I haven't taken the village in the living room down yet. That'll probably be today.

I'm starting to feel ready to take on 2019. I haven't done much planning yet, but I'm ready to get back into writing and teaching, and "normal" things. :) What about you? Are you ready for 2019 or are you still hanging on to the current year?

As you can see, I don't have a story for you this week. But I figured you would all be busy anyway.

What would you like to see on this blog next year?
Are you interested in stories or updates?
Do you have New Year's Eve plans?

No comments: