Background

Friday, August 10, 2018

What Am I?

Hello, FFFs,
How are you doing? I'm doing well. It's been a busy first part of the week, and then I've been trying to catch up on things, including sleep. ;)

Saturday– My dad, Sis, and I went out to help knock doors all Saturday morning with my brother, his family, and 7 others. It wasn't bad in the morning as there was a nice breeze, but it sure got hot later! We got a lot of doors knocked.

Sunday–A much needed day of rest! Usually I read all afternoon, but I was so tired that I had to take a few cat naps in the middle of my reading.

Monday–I spent the morning and afternoon working on projects. Then after supper I headed out to join my brother in knocking more doors. We worked until after 8:30. Then we met up with some others who were also knocking doors. Then it was time to put up some "Vote Today" signs. I put some up on the way home, but decided to get my dad before I went and put up the last signs at a polling place in a not so nice neighborhood.

Tuesday–Election Day! We started out by sign waving! Finally! A family joined us who had never done it before. The kids loved it! Even when it started raining. We just held umbrellas and our signs and kept on shouting. :D I went with my BF to vote. That was strange since I don't remember the last time when I actually voted on election day. Next my brother dropped two nephews off and the three of us headed to a polling place to hold signs. It rained off and on that morning. Then, after lunch, the sun came out. I now have a nice sunburn. We stayed there until 4:45. That evening we headed to my brother's watch party. It was late before the final results came in. He had lost by 46 votes. It was a bit of a shock at first, but then it really felt like the hand of God. He may have lost, but, as our sheriff told him, "You made a difference in the county. You and your family even if you didn't win." And it's okay. God has something different in store for him.

Wednesday–Trying to catch up on sleep, and different things. That night the church's puppet team (my oldest niece and nephew were a part this time) did their final performance for church, so we all went and watched. They did great!

Thursday–Trying to get more done, things worked on. I actually wrote last evening! I haven't written since the 2nd! You know what? It's rather fun to write. ;)

And that's a look at my week. How was your week?
I was looking through old stories trying to decide what to post when I came across this poem. I decided to share it today instead of a story. Leave a comment to tell me what you think the answer is.


What Am I?
by
Rebekah Morris


I have no wings, but I can fly,
Just close your eyes and I’ll slip by.
I use no fuel and eat no food,
I’m never late for that would be rude.
I never sleep yet am not awake,
And I’m sorry, you can’t toss me in the lake.
For love or money I can’t be bought,
Though more of me many have sought.
I race and I creep, I’m slow and I’m fast,
But I’m always the same as I’ve been in the past.
I’m certain to continue as when I began,
For though I am young, I’m older than man.
I’m tossed aside by the careless, looked down on with contempt,
Yet from my relentlessness no one is exempt.
I have no fear of danger,
To love I am a stranger,
You’ll use me every day until you die,
So tell me please, what am I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Water? Air?
~Katja L.

Rebekah said...

Good guesses, Katja. But not right. :)

Amy said...

It's time!!!

Rebekah said...

Time for what? ;) Well done. Did you get it right away?