Background

Friday, September 29, 2017

Update

Good morning!
Sorry I don't have a story for you today. But, next week I should have Part One of a brand new fiction story for you! So be sure you come back.

What was my week like? Well it was good. 😊😊 Yes, I did get all my files recovered!!!!!! 😄 I took my computer in Monday morning, but didn't hear anything that day or evening. Tuesday morning he called me and said they'd been able to recover everything, my files, my music, my pictures, my desktop. But I couldn't pick up my computer until Wednesday because he had to get everything copied over to the flash drive. That was okay with me.

Tuesday morning was busy anyway with teaching writing classes. My middle class is a lot of fun to teach as we get into some really good talks about why we do what we do, or the importance of learning whatever we are working on.

Wednesday was rainy and chilly. Autumn was definitely in the air! I went to the library and got a new library card. It had been many years since I had last used my old one, and I needed to get a new one. It's rather fun to have one again. And I checked out a book to read on Sunday. It's really hard not picking it up and starting it sooner, but I'm trying to be good and wait. When you get new books, do you start reading them right away, or do you wait? It was around 2 that afternoon before I went over and picked up my computers and the flash drive. Now I have them here. I'm just waiting now for my new computer to arrive so I can copy my files to that one. And yes, I already have a plan for backing them up. 😊

I got some writing done this week. Not much, but I did write Wednesday evening, and last night I got 1k written! We don't have the kids tonight, so I should be able to write again, and I should be able to write tomorrow night. I've already written more this month then I did in July or August. But that's not saying much. 😛 Right now I'm a little past 9k words.

Oh, my Christmas books! You wanted to see pictures, didn't you? I'm warning you, they're cute. 😉

 
Here they all are!

 
The backs. I can easily hold all of them at once as you can see.
I told you they were cute. 😊 They look even better in real life. Right now they are in line to be checked once more before I make the final corrections. Many of the covers need to be lightened up just a bit. For some reason they were printing darker than they should be. And yes, I am planning on making kindle books out of each of these, but the paperbacks themselves will only be $4.00 each.

And that's it for now. Don't forget to show up on Read Another Page on Monday for the first day of our Five Fall Favorites party! And next Friday I should have a story for you. Thank you for being willing to wait.
 Will you be back for the story next Friday?
Are you coming to the party?
Do you like the Christmas books?
 

4 comments:

Jesseca Dawn said...

Oh my goodness, they're ADORABLE!!! I need them all! ;)
And I'm so glad they were able to get you files back! I can't imagine how awful it would be if they couldn't.

Rebekah said...

You'd probably want the one with stories from the 1940s, right? ;) I just love how they turned out!

Me too! When I didn't know if I could get my files back, I was trying to figure out how many of them I had emailed to different people, because I could get those, but it was the covers I would have a hard time replacing, especially the ones I just had proof copies for.

Faith P. said...

EEPS, they're so pretty!!

Rebekah said...

Thanks, Faith. :)