Background

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Questions, Questions, Questions!

Since I was awarded the Liebster Award 4 times, I thought I'd do a post and try and answer all the questions at the same time.


 I was awarded by Rebekah
and by Rishona



 Are you ready for 44 questions?

1. What is your favorite thing to do during the summer? Well, since I'm not a fan of hot weather, I enjoy staying indoors and reading.
2. What's your favorite color? RED
3. What's your favorite Bible passage, and why? Oh, this one is hard. There are too many that have really been special to me over the years. 2 Samuel 22:33 has been one I keep going back to when I don't know what to do or feel overwhelmed by everything.
4. What do you want to be when you "grow up"? Can I say an author? :) A woman after God's own heart.
5. Who is your favorite author? Isabella McDonald Alden (Pansy) though I like many others as well.
6. What is your favorite book/series? How do you expect me to tell you my favorite book when I've read over 12,000? And a favorite series? We have over 4 dozen different book series in the house that I have read. I can't pick a favorite!
7. What is your favorite pastime? Reading, writing or holding/playing with babies or young children :)
8. What is your favorite season? Autumn! I love the colors, the crisp weather, the wearing of sweaters and jackets, the crunch of the leaves, . . . Is it fall yet? I also really enjoy winter when we have snow and cold. :)
9. What's the funniest joke you've ever heard? I've heard many jokes in my life, but the first one that comes to mind was told by a 2-year-old to her mother who shared it with me.
S: "Knock knock"
Mom: "Who's there?"
S: "Oatmeal!"
Mom: "Oatmeal who?"
S: "Oatmeal in your bowl." *snicker* "Oatmeal on your plate!" *giggle* *eyes look slyly to the side* "OATMEAL ON YOUR WINDOW!" :D

10. Do you like answering questions? Oh, sure. Why not? ;)
11. If you could go back in time to any place at any point in history, where would you go? Wow! I don't know. Maybe the late 1800s. Maybe the turn of the century. I've always enjoyed the Victorian era. But I like other times too. It's too hard to decide on one time.


1.Who is your favorite author? Already answered. (Whew, one question the same!)
2. If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would you go? Montana! No thought required on this question.

3. Do you play any instruments? Yes, I do. . . . Oh, you wanted to know what I played? Piano, violin, some bowed psaltry, some recorder.

4. What is your favorite type of music to play? Depends on my mood. :) Sometimes hymns, sometimes old songs, sometimes songs from "Sound of Music" or "Mary Poppins," sometimes classical, sometimes patriotic.

5. What are your hobbies? Hobbies? Hmm . . . Reading, being dramatic, reading, crafting things and reading. (Did I mention reading?)
6. What is your favorite type of food?
Oh, dear, now I'm hungry! I love Mexican and Italian.

7. What do you want to be when you "grow up"? Already answered!

8. Do you know a foreign language? I do speak some Chinese though it has been a while since I've studied it. (Nee how boo how?)

9. If you could learn any language, what would it be? Probably more Chinese, though I sometimes think German or Russian might be fun.

10. On a scale of 1-10. 1, being hardly at all and 10, being extreme, how much do you like to talk? 9 ;) But I do know how to listen too. :)

11. What is your favorite book series? Already answered. Well, I said I couldn't decide. Would you like a list of some of my favorite book series?

 

1. You just got awarded a million dollars. What are you going to do with it? Well, after paying the IRS a whole lot of it and giving my tithe, I'd probably scream, then probably buy some books. :) But not with the whole thing. :P I think I would be smart enough to save some, but I just might take a vacation to Montana.
2. What time period would you travel to if you could?
Isn't this the same question as I already answered? I'm not sure where I'd go.
3. If you had to pick one, who would you pick as your favorite fictional character of all time?
Having read over 12,000 books, I really have no idea who I would pick as my favorite.
4. Who is your favorite Bible character?
Besides Christ? Ruth or maybe Lydia.
5. What's your favorite book series?
Okay, I got the point. You want to know my favorite book series. But I still don't know. But here are a few: Bret King, Moody Family, Tales of the RAF, Silver Chief, Ester Ried, the Chautauqua series, Grandma's Attic, Trixie Belden, Jungle Doctor, Dave Dawson, Danny Orlis,  . . . I could go on, but I'll stop.
6. Who's your favorite author?
You want more besides Isabella Alden? Francena Arnold, Marguerite Henry, Jack O'Brien, Dan Scott, Ralph Connor (be careful because his old books have swear words in them), Louisa May Alcott, and so on.
7. Do you have a favorite movie?
"A Thousand Men and a Baby" (Now it's called "Narrow Escape") I could watch that one over and over. I also like "Miracle of the White Stallions," "Sound of Music" and others.
8. What's your favorite past time?
Reading
9. What do you want to do when you get older?
Visit Montana, and the rest of the 50 states, and well, here's the link for what's on my "to do" list. :)
10. What's your favorite wild animal?
One that stays away from me. :) Though I'd love to see a wild mustang in person.
11. If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
How should I best use my life?

 

1. What is your favorite season? I said it once, but I'll tell you again because I love autumn!
2. What do you enjoy doing most during that season? Walking through the leaves, wearing sweaters and jackets, sitting around a fire roasting s'mores, curling up with a good book, drinking hot cider, dreaming of staying in a cabin in the woods. :)
3. Do you play any instruments? If so, which ones? Already answered this. :)
4. What is your favorite style of music? Depends on my mood. No rock, no jazz, not much country, just about anything else.
5. Who is your favorite author? Wow, this is a popular question. But I already answered it.

6. If you could do anything you wanted, what would you choose to do? Ride a train to Montana and stay at the Triple Creek Ranch for at least a week.

7. What is your favorite animal? Dog or horse.

8. What is your favorite thing to do around a campfire? Oh, this sounds fun! Sit around and talk with friends while we roast marshmallows and eat s'mores.

9. Who do you most enjoy spending time with? Can I say those who aren't here? ;) Okay, my family, my heart-sister, my best friends and my niece and nephews.

10. What is your favorite riddle? Already answered. But . . . What do you sit on, lie on and brush your teeth with?

11. What is your favorite radio drama? (If you listen to any) Yes, we listen to radio dramas! The trouble is which one is a favorite . . . I really liked "This is Your F.B.I." and "You Are There" and "Our Inheritance."

Are you tired of these questions yet? I think I'm tired of answering them. :) But it was fun. I hope you enjoyed them. Feel free to answer these yourselves or to ask others. Oh, I was supposed to pass this award on to others, but I can't think of any who haven't gotten it already. So, if you want the award, let me know and I'll give it to you. :)

P. S. If you read this on the day it's posted, I'll be sitting at the polls working as an election judge for 13 hours. So, if you leave me any comments, I'd love to read them when I get home! :)

8 comments:

Christianna Hellwig said...

I loved the joke; It set me laughing! I found it interesting that minus the psaltery, I play the same instruments you do! And your choice of music you like to listen to was almost exact, how did we both latch onto the "Mary Poppins" "sound of music" bandwagon? Anyway I enjoyed reading through that and in the process getting to know a little more about you!

Unknown said...

I love Montana. That's where I would go if I could go anywhere too :)Do you have a Dog? and do you ride horses?

Anonymous said...

You really did had a lot of questions to answer!! But thanks for posting them all! :D
-Christian

Jesseca Dawn said...

I loved reading your answers to all the questions :P
Thanks for answering them!

Abigail Cacciacarro said...

That's a lot of questions to answer! :)
I also play violin and piano.
How long have you been playing both instruments?
It was fun reading all your answers to those questions!
~Abby

Rebekah said...

Thank you all for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed those questions and answers. :)

Christianna,
How fun that you enjoy the same music. :) I got the song books for "Mary Poppins" and "SoM" from my grandma who had gotten them after the movies first came out.

Bethany,
We had a collie when I was younger, but she died of old age when I was 11. Haven't had one since though sometimes I think I'd like one. :) As far as riding horses, I've never ridden a horse by myself. (Still a dream of mine though.) When I was young, a friend who lived in the country had a horse and we'd ride double together; I was always behind the saddle. :P

Abby,
I started violin when I was about 15 and took lessons for 5 or 6 years. I don't play it as much as I'd like to because I don't have anyone to play with me. I don't know how long I took piano lessons. Longer than violin, I know that. :) How fun that you play both as well.

What would you all think if I did another post with questions and answers in the future? Would you all be willing to try to think of questions? ;)

Unknown said...

I hope you get to ride some day soon. It is really an amazing feeling.

Rishona said...

Thanks for answering all those:) It was fun reading through them all.