Background

Monday, December 3, 2012

Peanut Butter Fudge

Good Morning Dear Readers,
I hope you are getting in the mood for some Christmas baking and cooking! Last year I posted a poem titled "Baking Day." In it I mentioned the fudge and even posted a picture of it. I was asked to share the recipe and here it is. Well, here is half of it. The other half, the chocolate fudge was the recipe from a little friend. We each made our special fudges and then made some mixed. Very delicious! Sorry, I don't have the other recipe, but if I can get it from her, I'll share it with you all. But for now, here is the yummy peanut butter fudge recipe from from my Grandma.

Grandma's Peanut Butter Fugde
Peg Morris

4 cups sugar
1 can evaporated milk
2 cups peanut butter
2 cups marshmallow creme
1 tsp. vanilla

Cook sugar and milk to soft ball stage (use candy thermometer.) Stir now and then. Add other ingredients. Mix until blened. Spread into greased 9x13 pan. Let harden. Cut and serve!
Makes about 4 1/2 pounds. :) (Works well to freeze for later too.)