Background

Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Good Morning,
I'm a little tired this time as I was out doing lit drops with Jimmy for our candidate who is running for our State Rep. It was such fun to get out and do that sort of thing again. I really enjoy doing lit drops. Not quite as much as I like sign waving, but close.:) Tomorrow we have a parade so we'll get to enjoy helping with that as well. Only a month until the elections!

I hope you are all are going to have a wonderful, inspiring, memory filled, delightful, not-too-hot, safe Independence Day! :) (How is that for a string of adjectives?) Our celebration will be on the 3rd. But before that, we have a tea (a real English Tea) party to go to, and then babysitting Krista, James and Joel this evening. Just a little busy here.:)


But I'm rambling. You probably didn't want to hear all that. I had written a short story, but I didn't like it. (That doesn't happen very often.) And Mom thought it needed work, but I'm going to start over on that one. With that gone, I didn't have time to get another story written though I am working on one with several more waiting in my head to come out.:) However, I did get a poem for you all. I'm not sure how well I like this poem, but it will do. Hope you enjoy it!


Liberty

In this great land where Old Glory does fly
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why?
Not even a thought to why we are free
In this great land with all our liberty?

Go ask your neighbors, the man on the street,
Ask your relations, whoever you meet,
Over our heads where Old Glory does wave,
Why does it fly o’re the land of the brave?
Does it display with its red, blue and white,
True freedom and liberty, honor and right?

Watch as our flag bravely snaps in the breeze,
Its colors show best when its not at its ease.
Even in this we can learn a great thing,
From the midst of our struggles bright freedom will ring.


True liberty comes, the price we must pay,
Say thanks to the soldier who fought in the fray.
Remember this price, blood won’t pay it all
For to you and me sweet Liberty calls.
Unto you I’ve given a charge don’t forget,
You’ll lose all your freedom unless you repent.
Stand on your honor, remember to pray,
God heard us before, He’ll hear us today.
Turn to righteousness, dishonor defy,
And with God’s Liberty, Old Glory shall fly!”


Did you find the message in the poem? Some people spot those right away, while others haven't a clue for a long time unless another person points it out.:)

3 comments:

Abigail in WI said...

That's a neat way of sticking a message in the poem! I saw it right away, but not all of my brothers did. :)
Happy 4th!

j6mail92@gmail.com said...

I saw it too!

Abigail in WI said...

P.S. I really like the flag pictures! :)