Background

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Writer's Regret

Okay, just pretend it is Friday morning.
Sarah and I are going to be gone all day helping with a wedding, so I won't be able to post in the morning. I didn't want to have to post after supper as I have to work on writing.:}

I wrote this on Tuesday evening. It describes my feelings exactly.:) I do love writing though.:) Enjoy!


A Writer’s Regret

Dear readers and critics, family and friend
I jot these regrets on paper with pen.
I fear I am ailing, I must have a disease
It comes suddenly upon me like some giant sneeze!
There’s nothing to do, I can’t stop it you know
For if I should try to a gasket might blow.
Perhaps it is useless to try and explain
I have some strange symptoms, but no fever or pain.
My brain races on full of stories and words
It won’t stop its spinning, it’s growing absurd!
My mind moves much faster than hand with a pen
Perhaps I’ll get NEO and try him instead.
It still doesn’t help much, oh what can I say
It’s no use, I’ve failed to write them today.
The words keep on coming, I’m trying to sleep
Forget what they said, it’s no use to count sheep.
The stories are waiting, pile up with great speed
I know you are longing, your story to read.
But alas I can’t help it, I’m very perplexed
What thing should I write first, and what should be next?
Confused and bewildered, I’m sure you can see
The serious trouble that now faces me.
So accept my apology, understand my regret
If your story is not written, don’t go off and fret.
Some day it will happen, I think, I believe
But now it seems something hard to achieve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so good Bekah! Love it! -hank

Heather Johnson said...

That's great! In understand the regret! Fun poem!

Rebekah said...

Glad you both liked it.:)