Background

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Gift of Cards

I know it isn't Friday yet, and I just posted something yesterday. But today is the 2nd of May and I just feel like posting a poem I wrote this morning. It is dedicated to all of my friends: old friends, new friends and friends I have yet to meet. Thank you for blessing me today. I love you all! And please, if you are a reader of this blog and you have sisters or friends who are not, but who are my friends as well, please let them read it also.



The Gift of Cards

Memories stirred while light spring rain
Falls gently on my window pane.
Cards I read again and see
The blessings God has given me.
Notes of birthday love and cheer,
And some o’er which I shed a tear.
Precious friends, your words still ring
With sweetest blessings that make me sing.
Cards of thanks for some kind deed
Returns to meet my own small need.
Remembering the things now past
Found in little notes that last
Long since the writer has forgot
And dreams no more that written thought.
How very dear these notes now seem
As I fondly read and stop to dream
Of days gone by and years now past
And know God’s love will always last.
Although my friends may go or stay,
They’ve left me sunshine to brighten the day.
And as the rain falls gently down,
Fresh and clean on thirsty ground,
I gather strength to onward press
Reading again these cards that bless.
Thank you Lord for each dear friend,
Who cheered this day with word and pen.

3 comments:

Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

Beautiful! Love you Bekah!

Amber said...

That was a wonderful poem. Makes me want to keep ever last note from every last friend. :) You're a great friend, thanks for being mine for these 20 years. :)

Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

Hello Bekah dear...I keep checking for your Friday post. :) Hope you're doing well!