Background

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Old to New Christmas Cards

 Does your family get Christmas cards each year and some are just so pretty that you don't want to throw them away in January? I know that happens at my house. So I started saving them. I'd tear off the front cover of the ones that looked like they might be good for "something," and then I'd throw the other part away.

But what to do with all the cards?

One year I helped my nieces and nephews cut out circles from the cards and stick them between two layers of contact paper making placemats for them. They loved it! But most of them are too old for that now.

And so the pictures have been piling up.

Until this year.

I needed to make 10 Christmas cards (each one a full sheet of paper folded in half) for the widows at church we go caroling to. So I decided, what better thing to do with the cards, then turn them into new cards!

First I made a template on a scrap of paper. I wanted the cards to be like stained glass windows with pictures in each part of it. Then I began searching and tracing and cutting. It was a lot of fun and I could listen to Christmas audio books while I worked.

Next I laid all the cards out and began gluing the pictures on.

I loved how they turned out!



 What do you think?
Do you have any cards that need made into new ones?

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Ooh, I like it! Thanks for sharing! :)

Rebekah said...

They were rather fun to make. Thanks for reading, Ellen!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea! I'm sure the elderly folks loved them.

Victoria

Rebekah said...

I think they did. Thanks for commenting, Victoria.