Background

Friday, April 24, 2020

This Week

Good Morning, FFFs,
I don't have a story for you today. Sorry. I was going to get the next story ready this week, but things changed so I completely forgot about it until yesterday and I didn't have time right then, so  . . . Next week I should have something for you.

But don't go away unless you only come here to read stories. ;)

Here's an update on my week.

Saturday– I spent the morning outside burning sticks and cleaning up piles of sticks and leaves from the yard of the empty house next door. Yes, Operation Clean Up the Neighborhood is still going on. I also helped my dad wash off some rocks since we are doing some new landscaping and moving some river rocks from one place to another. The rocks were covered with dirt and seed shells from being near our bird feeders.
After lunch my brother called to see if we wanted to come over and eat supper with them. Since we hadn't gotten to see the kids much and my parents had only gotten to hold their newest granddaughter once, we were delighted to accept. It was a fun time out at their place in the country. I played ping-pong with my oldest niece and nephews. We ate supper, held the baby, and enjoyed home made ice cream for dessert.
My youngest nephew (age 2 1/2) said the cutest thing and gave my favorite alliteration yet. :)
I was walking outside with my oldest niece, 2nd nephew, and youngest nephew. Sissy and FB were walking and Busters (little guy) was stuck walking behind his siblings. Suddenly he said in a disgusted little voice, "BehBeh MY favorite," and pushed his way up beside me. Of course Sissy tried to get him to say she was his favorite, but he was having none of it. Pulling away from her, he walked to the other side of me and said, "I BehBeh's best buddy." :)

Sunday– It was another quiet day. We watched some teaching videos this week, and then I read.

Monday– My Best Friend emailed and wanted to know what I wanted to do for my birthday. After some talk we decided to head to a state park (Nature Center not open but the trails are) and go hiking, eat a picnic lunch, and roast s'mores. And we decided to do it that day since it was nice and there was rain forecasted for my birthday. We got the hiking and the picnic in, but there was no place to build a fire and have s'mores. So we went and got ice cream instead.
I did get my 1k written.

Tuesday– Working on things I didn't get done on Monday. Like getting something ready for the next week, and writing.

Wednesday– My birthday. And my mom's and her younger sister's birthday. We have so many April birthdays. I counted at least a dozen that I know of. I might have missed one on my dad's side of the family. It was a rainy day. I worked on things in the morning, then after lunch I donned my rain coat grabbed my umbrella and went down to my BF's house. We built a small fire in her small grill on the porch and enjoyed the cool weather, the rain, and s'mores. Then we sat on the porch swing and talked. I was down there for two hours.
We had roast and potatoes for supper and a moist, almost gooey, chocolate chip cake. Yummm! Don't worry, I did write.

Thursday– More work on things. I got next week's blog post done for Read Another Page, reviewed a book, read some, and walked. I didn't feel like writing, but I wrote some, and then after supper my brain must have kicked into gear because I wrote over 1,200 words before I quit. And after I went to bed my brain kept spinning. Now I need to write again. :)

Today– Cleaning the house this morning, and then I'm not sure what. I have several things I should work on, and a book to read, and a story to write. I'm sure I won't be sitting around wishing for something to do. ;)

How was your week?
Has anyone ever told you they were your best buddy?
Did you get outside at all?

3 comments:

Leona said...

Sounds like a great week! Your nephew sounds adorable! Happy belated birthday! :)
My week went well! I'm not sure if anyone has ever told me that they were my best buddy... :P And yes, I went outside on walks a lot! :)

Rebekah said...

Thank you. :) It was a good week. And my nephew loves to "peetend".
Yay for getting out side on walks!
Thanks for commenting.

Krista Mullen said...

Thannks for writing this