Background

Friday, February 15, 2019

Update

Good morning FFFs,
Sorry, I don't have a story for you today. I've been busy this week and haven't had a chance to decide on which story to post.
Right now it's sleeting. I can hear the tiny balls of ice tip-tapping on the skylight and roof. Yesterday it was in the 60's and my sister and I went out and walked. Later in the evening the wind shifted from the south to the north and the cold started coming in. And today we get sleet, a chance of snow and ice. That's Missouri weather for you.

This has been a good writing week for me. I already have 4,600 words written. And yes, they were all on "Hymns in the Hills." I'm so close to being done! I think I can finish it in about 4k words. At least I'm hoping I can. Oh, I can't wait until I'm done! This short story that has been dancing in my head for some time now really wants out! Yesterday I even went to Pixabay and found three pictures that might work as my main characters. I'm still trying to decide which picture I want to use. Which do you think?

Picture 1.

Picture 2.

Picture 3.

Let me know. They are all sisters. Triplets to be exact. And no, they don't look alike.

Last week I mentioned the Widows' Tea I had to decorate for at church. Well, we had a lovely time! Some of the widows said it was a best one yet. (We do this every year to reveal who the widows' secret sisters for the past year were.) One lady who had never been before was just amazed by it all and said it really blessed her and was just what she needed. Here's a few pictures of the decorations.
The corsages I made each widow.
Here's one of the tables.
And now that the tea is over, I've been working on getting the new list of ladies who want to participate in the ministry this year. Some only do it one year, others do it every year. But I usually have to ask a few new people and see if they want to join. Some just love being secret sisters to these dear ladies. Since every widow gets 2 secret sisters, we've had to do pen names for them. And this year we are doing gem stones. There are your usual stones, and then we had to find some unusual ones as well. :) If there are widows in your church, pray about being a blessing to them by becoming a secret sister. If you want more information about how we do it, let me know.

And that's it. I have other things to do. Hopefully I'll get a story picked for next week.

Which picture do you like best for a story?
How's your weather?
Do you have any widows in your church or that you know?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favourite is picture #1 :)

~Katja L.

Rebekah said...

Thanks, Katja. :)

Elizabeth said...

I can't decide between picture #1 and #3!! And by the way, I do read your posts every Friday even if I don't comment. :)

Kassie said...

Today is in the 80s...nice change from below freezing!! ;) Definitely voting for picture one...my mom says I’m going to turn into denim one of these days!! XD

Rebekah said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. :) Those are the two I keep going back and forth on.


Oh, Kassie, you're making me slightly jealous. (I love winter but wished we had snow instead of ice right now.) ;) Picture one is pretty cute, but I'm having trouble picturing my characters with dark hair. Hmm. I need a photographer and some other girls. ;)

Kassie said...

I know exactly how you feel! No reason to force it if that’s not what your characters look like!!
By the way, you had mentioned before about letting folks practice on some of your covers in case you wanted them to do one later on. Would you mind my younger brother doing that? He likes designing covers for fun, and had done one for some friends that they didn’t end up using, so I know he’d be excited about the opportunity.

Rebekah said...

Sure, he's welcome to try designing covers for any of my stories. If I like it, I'll use it. :) Does he need stories to design covers for, or do you just want to pick ones from this blog? And you are welcome to email me if you have questions or anything. :)