Background

Friday, September 7, 2018

What's Up?

Good morning FFFs,
Sorry, I don't have a fiction story for you today. I have one ready to post, but I decided to wait since I'm hoping that next week I can share the report from the first night of the Highway Patrol Community Alliance class my Dad and I are taking. Our first class was last night. It's already been interesting, informative, and educational. I learned about aspects of the HP that I had no idea they did! Another thing, besides learning all sorts of new stuff, that will be great, will be seeing how the HP operates as compared to the Police or the Sheriff's deputies. I look forward to sharing more about it next week.

This week has disappeared in a stack of projects! It's been crazy! I'm trying to stay focused but then comes the question of what do I focus on? And let me tell you, it is hard to know sometimes especially when it feels like everything needs done Right Now.
For example:
I need to get the rest of my monthly stories written so I don't have to try to do them when I'm working on Christmas stories, or things like that. But I also need to write a "letter of Priscilla de Silvosa" for the writing classes I'm teaching.
The blog posts for the Five Fall Favorites (invitation on this post) need done, but I need to get a few blog posts ready for the rest of this month.
I need to design covers for the month stories, but I haven't written them all yet, so I can only do a couple.
I need to correct a story, format it, and get it ready to publish, but I have another story, a Christmas book, that needs corrected, formatted, and uploaded so I can get a proof copy, so I can get it published by Christmas.
I need to work on the formatting of the book of letters my grandparents wrote in the 1940s, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it uploaded to CreateSpace with their move to KDP.
I need to prepare for next week's writing classes, but we may be changing things with one student, so I can't fully finish getting ready. And I need to print and format some "letters" from the "Travels of Priscilla" blog. But I have the 40s book that needs formatted. And other things that need edited, and I need to write the letter, but I need to write stories, but I need to write the report from the class I just took last night, and . . .
HELP!
Yeah, now you know what my brain is doing! Spinning in circles trying to figure out what is the important, and what is urgent.

But that's that.
Here's the exciting thing coming up! The annual Five Fall Favorites blog party! Kate and I had fun picking this year's genres. And we have new bloggers who will be sharing their Top 5 books. So be sure to mark your calendar, and tell all your friends, relatives, acquaintances, book store employees–you get the picture. This invitation is meant to be copied and shared. So enjoy! We'll look forward to seeing you at the Literary Lodge!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, can't wait! :D

~Katja L.

Rebekah said...

We're all getting excited! I'll look forward to seeing you there, Katja! :D

Faith P. said...

And here I thought I was going crazy with all the things I need to get done... ;) Hope all your projects go well! So excited for the party. :)

Rebekah said...

Join the ranks of head-spinning, project-piling, life-rushing, story-scrambling people. ;)
Yes, the party is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to see everyone's books! :D