Background

Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day!
What a glorious morning! Do you have big plans for today? Are you going to shoot of fireworks or watch a display of fireworks tonight? There are so many things I'd love to do today to celebrate the 4th, but I have too many grand ideas. :)

This week has been interesting in regards to my computer. It's gotten worse and worse. But, the good news is that I have another one on it's way to me right now! Well, I don't think it's moving on the 4th, but it should arrive in a day or so. Then maybe I can start working on catching up with everything.

Update on Triple Creek Ranch:
I have gotten back into writing book 4. Finally. I have 8 parts written and parts of two other scenes which come later on in the book. I don't normally write parts ahead of myself, but these two scenes just needed written before I thought about them too much. :)
Book 3 is getting close and closer to being finished. The illustrations are almost finished and once I get my new computer I'll be able to work on putting the book together! I can't wait. I'm sure some of you are eagerly waiting for it's publication too. :) I'll try to hurry.

And now, I'm going to give you a poem I wrote. It's been a long time since I wrote and posted a poem, but I didn't really have anything that fit with the day, so I hope you enjoy it. If you want a story to read, you can go read the Medford's 4th of July here and here.

Independence Day

If I lived in Philadelphia, my heart would swell with pride,
In 1776 I’d stand, with patriots at my side.

If I served at Ft. McHenry and the British came to fight,
In 1812 I’d wait to see Old Glory in the light.

If I traveled west by wagon, I would gladly stop and say
A prayer of thanks to God above on Independence Day.

If I flew a plane with Rickenbacker above the foreign skies,
I’d be fighting for our freedom and its glow would fill my eyes.

If I were on board the Missouri in 1945,
I’d thank the Lord that peace had come and I was still alive.

If I joined Neil Armstrong in his trip up to the moon,
I’d wear a grin because I’d know my flag was going too.

So many years of history, of battles, folks, and things,
Our flag still flies in freedom’s skies while my heart loudly sings.

This land of 50 states and stars, the land I call my own,
Is for the brave, the true, the free, where Liberty calls home.

Where should I then in this great land its birth to celebrate?
Two hundred thirty-eight years have gone, God bless the United States.

If I were east in Washington D.C. I’d watch the fireworks display.
If I were up in Boston, I’d hear the Boston Pops play.

If I were in west in California I’d see a dazzling sight.
If I were down south in Austin, I might celebrate all night!

But I am here with family, in the middle of the land,
No fireworks or speeches, and no military band.

But I’ll still give thanks for the U.S.A.
And celebrate Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day!

No comments: