Background

Friday, June 19, 2009

My Speech

I forgot today was going to be Friday already, so I didn't get a story ready to post. I have been writing, but not a lot this week and then only on my book. Don't worry, I do have something I can post. I will try to get another "calendar story" written for next week, though we will be out of town most of it. Hmmm, I'll see what I can do.

For those of you who are wondering which version of the story got entered in the contest, it was the 2nd. It was so funny watching the votes come in. First the 2nd story was ahead, then the 1st one past it. Then the 2nd again. Next I knew they were even and I was nearly in a panic because I didn't want to decide myself! That was why I asked you all. At the very end however, the 2nd version pulled ahead by 3 votes. So that is the one I entered. I'm not really expecting anything to come from it all, but it was good to try. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on both stories.

If any of you have something you wish I would either write about or post that you know I have written, I would love to hear about it. But here I am just rambling on and on. (I'm starting to sound like "Emma" from my book.) I'll post my poem which I wrote several years ago and then lost for months.


My Speech

Lord, make my speech with Scripture a-line
And make my words to edify.
Lord, make my words be Your’s not mine
That You alone they glorify.

Lord, make my speech to minister
Your grace to all who hear me speak
And make me, Lord, a comforter
And give me words for those who seek.

Oh Lord, my words with wisdom fill
That they exhort my fellow men,
And use my words and speech until
You’re pleased to call me home, amen.


I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments: